ECKFORD is situated about 7 miles east of Jedburgh, just off the A698 toward Kelso. The church building, which stands in the churchyard above the main road to the north of Eckford, is now, alas, closed, but services are held on an occasional basis in the recently refurbished village hall. The church was built between 1665 and 1668, to replace an earlier building burnt by the English army in 1544. Among the interesting features of the old churchyard is the round mort-house, constructed in the Burke & Hare era to keep body-snatchers at bay!
Eckford Local Events
[table id=4 /]
Bus services : approximately two-hourly service by First East Scotland with additional services by Peter Hogg’s of Jedburgh or Perryman’s to Kelso, Jedburgh or Hawick.
Timetable info : www.travelinescotland.com